Move Over Mary Poppins!

The real life adventures of one nanny, her husband, child, dogs, house, and whatever else crosses her path.

My Photo
Name:
Location: MA, United States

Find me at http://camerondgarriepy.com, and http://twitter.com/camerongarriepy

Monday, October 01, 2007

Crib? Check!

Yesterday, Mark and I saddled up the VW and headed into the Longwood medical campus to tour the maternity floors of Brigham & Women's, where, barring an emergency, I'll be delivering the baby.

The tour was OK, it was nice to see where we'll be and what things will look like, and it was comforting to also be with all sorts of people who're having first babies, too. I think people (mostly people in Beacon Hill...) forget that while I'm well versed in child rearing of all varieties, I've never actually produced one of my own before.

After that, we swung by Lime St, to pick up the crib and changing table that belonged to Big Brother J, Miss E, and O. A fine lineage, if you ask me. There's some quality juju in that set!

The photo shows the chaos that is the nursery right now. Shower gifts, unassembled furniture, attempts at paint samples, the crap that's been in this room since we moved in... oh, the organizing that I must do! Good thing I've got a couple of long weekends of work planned. If anyone feels like moving furniture or painting, let me know! Maybe I'll even bake you cookies....

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Alta Boover said...

If only I lived anywhere near you I would be over there right now helping. As it stands, I'm upstairs at my in-laws house searching for jobs in NYC.
I'll be there in mid-November, and can't wait to come visit and meet your new man. (meaning the baby)

10/3/07, 10:37 AM  
Blogger Cameron said...

I'll paint a stripe for you when I finally find the walls again!

10/3/07, 3:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home