Move Over Mary Poppins!

The real life adventures of one nanny, her husband, child, dogs, house, and whatever else crosses her path.

My Photo
Name:
Location: MA, United States

Find me at http://camerondgarriepy.com, and http://twitter.com/camerongarriepy

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Of Swifts and Nostepinnes

This weekend, I tried a few new tricks in the knitting department.

I've been reading about how to make a yarn swift out of Tinkertoys, and I picked up a used set of Tinkertoys on Ebay a while back. This weekend I finally had a need for my new swift. I deviated a little from the original design, but the concept is the same. Now, with skein at the ready, I thought, "wouldn't it be nice to have one of those nice yummy yarn cakes that don't move around while you're knitting from them..."

So, I pottered around the internets until I found a guy who gave instructions for using a paper towel roll as a nostepinne.

After a little fiddling, I used the pictured swift and "nostepinne" to make that cute little yarn cake from which I've cast on a new project. Hooray, no more tanlged skeins.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmmm I wonder if my brother stil has his Tinker Toys... :O) Great idea! samm

3/22/08, 3:23 PM  
Blogger Peter said...

I love Tinkertoys. When I was teaching, if students finished their homework during study hall, I told them they could play Memory or Tinkertoys, but not videogames.

3/26/08, 10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home