Move Over Mary Poppins!

The real life adventures of one nanny, her husband, child, dogs, house, and whatever else crosses her path.

My Photo
Name:
Location: MA, United States

Find me at http://camerondgarriepy.com, and http://twitter.com/camerongarriepy

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Tits on A Bull or A Bedazzled Fendi Hobo Sack?

A quiet Tuesday... Made a playlist for working out. Now if I had only started working out...

Getting prepared for BBall practice with J. Maybe I'll make it this week? Then, tonight, in an unprecedented act of rebellion, I'm going to dinner with and old, and dear, friend. He's a prep school administrator and coach, applying to law school.

Law students are like the new chihuahua in a sparkly bag. Everyone I know is one, or wants one, or has one as a significant other. They're just cool. Pretty soon Paris Hilton will be carrying her very own 29 year old law student in a bedazzled Fendi hobo sack. I have five friends my own age either in law school or applying for next year right now. Makes me feel like even more of an underachiever than I already am. Nanny with formal culinary training? As useful as tits on a bull, really.

This is not to say that I'm unhappy. Extra pounds and leftover student debt aside, I'm a very happy gal. It's just illuminating in a McDonald's bathroom fluorescent light kind of way. Ugh.

Also, I actually like all my pet law students. Some of them are family or damn close to. One married my husband and I. All have been mentioned in this humble blog. So, they should all keep their dander down in regards to my somewhat disparaging comments linking them with Paris Hilton.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Burger said...

I prefer to give my law student friends a treat before bed; I find this helps them settle down for the night. Especially true once we were done crating them.

2/28/06, 6:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home