Move Over Mary Poppins!

The real life adventures of one nanny, her husband, child, dogs, house, and whatever else crosses her path.

My Photo
Name:
Location: MA, United States

Find me at http://camerondgarriepy.com, and http://twitter.com/camerongarriepy

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Another MixTape Rescued from Certain Obscurity!

I completed this one today. What a gem!

Back story: Freshman year of HS, my best friend made me a mix of her favorite "love songs." Said friend was a huge metalhead, so they're all late 80's power ballads. I was transitioning from WAAF to Indie rock and Alternative at the time, so I let this one molder for a few years until its vintage appeal ripened. I played it in my car occasionally for the entertainment of my pal Ari. He's the one who renamed the collection... Then it sunk to the bottom of the tape bag in my old Subaru. ::grins:: In 2000, I made a CD version for a drive to Lake Placid which included some stuff that was a little newer than 1991... but still true to the original sap-tasticality of it all. Now it can truly thrive in the welcoming environment of my iPod.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Cameron said...

and they should.

2/23/06, 4:05 PM  
Blogger Alta Boover said...

This is, of course, brilliant and I would like to have a copy of this mix tape. I'm sure if I played it Drake would say such things as "I'm too young to even remember these songs." He likes to say things like that.

11/20/09, 12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home