Move Over Mary Poppins!

The real life adventures of one nanny, her husband, child, dogs, house, and whatever else crosses her path.

My Photo
Name:
Location: MA, United States

Find me at http://camerondgarriepy.com, and http://twitter.com/camerongarriepy

Monday, February 13, 2006

The Bravest Thing I've Ever Done.... also, sensationalist journalism and cheese.

... was, in fact, admitting I was in love with Mark, but that's not really today's issue. I was listening to BNL's Break Your Heart. Today's issue is still floating around somewhere near the skylight on the third floor, taunting me.

So, my longtime pal and co-godparent, one of my favorite Maine-iacs (despite his residencies in VT, CO, and NYC), and the guy who sang at my wedding (not to be confused with a wedding singer!), is roadtripping himself across the country in search of fame fortune, and heaps of trouble in LA. He's a funny guy, and his blog deserves to be read. I've put the link up under the blog's title, "a rare blog, a rattlin' blog," in the links column.

O is throwing cheese. Hang on....

Now he's banging on his tray, "Bring me my lunch, wench!"

New England is apparently digging out from the "Blizzard of '06," a moniker which screams sensationalist journalism.... We had somewhere between 9 and 11 inches in Framingham, which is not so bad, compared to some of the recorded depths elsewhere, but hardly worth the mayhem at Stop&Shop on Saturday. Milk? Gone. Bread? Gone. Tuna? Gone. Bottled water? Gone. Me, I left and went to Trader Joes and bought some prepared soups, mache salad, and a bag of 4 oz. loaves of ciabatta so I wouldn't have to go grocery shopping again until the apocalypse has passed. Oh, and Mark busted out the snowblower for an hour.... I was home alone Saturday night, preparing for the winter weather by watching the Romance Movie Marathon on WE. Yep. And I'm not ashamed.

OK, cheese and pear time is done. O's off and running (well, drunkenly weaving on his fat baby feet...). Later, taters!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home