Move Over Mary Poppins!

The real life adventures of one nanny, her husband, child, dogs, house, and whatever else crosses her path.

My Photo
Name:
Location: MA, United States

Find me at http://camerondgarriepy.com, and http://twitter.com/camerongarriepy

Monday, February 06, 2006

My Zero Point Soup Recipe

Monday morning, full of optimism....
Here I am, posting after getting my Zero Point Soup on the stove. I've been tinkering with the seasonings and vegetable additions, and I think I've got a much better variation on the soup:

Lightly coat a soup pot with Pam spray, preheat over low heat
Chop:
1 medium onion
2 Cloves Garlic
I medium carrot
1 celery stalk
Gather:
worcestershire,
bay leaves,
basil,
oregano,
parsley,
salt, &
pepper
Open:
1 box low fat/low salt chicken broth
1 pkg frozen cut green beans
1 sm. can tomato past
1 10.5 oz. can no salt added diced tomatoes
1 10.5 oz can zucchini in tomato sauce
When you're ready to go, turn the heat to high, add carrot, celery, onion, and garlic to pot. Cook, stirring constantly, to sweat the vegetables - do not brown them!
When the onions are soft and translucent, add bay leaf, about 1/2 t of each dry herb, and 1/2 t pepper to the pot. Stir for a few seconds to warm the seasonings. Add a splash of Worcestershire, scrape any browning off the bottom of the pot, then add the box of broth. Next add the tomato paste, stirring to combine, and the diced tomatoes, with their liquid. Bring this to a light boil, then reduce heat to medium low, and add frozen green beans. Simmer for about 20 minutes, uncover, stirring occasionally. After 20 minutes, turn heat off, add zucchini, and cover.

Makes 5 servings, 0 points/serving

Tada!
OK, so the weekend wasn't great, but I was aware, and I journaled, and I'm going to do better this week!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home