Move Over Mary Poppins!

The real life adventures of one nanny, her husband, child, dogs, house, and whatever else crosses her path.

My Photo
Name:
Location: MA, United States

Find me at http://camerondgarriepy.com, and http://twitter.com/camerongarriepy

Friday, March 03, 2006

Let the streetwalking begin!

Today, I'm stuck on a Windows machine, and I'm reminded of why I made the switch back to Mac last year. Windows sucks it.

Today, I'm also dogsitting. I'm still marveling at Mark's cleverness. He was s'posed to be working a half day at home today, so we called off the dogwalker and that should have been that. But no, his often jackass boss decides to send him off to a jobsite. Then he says, "Well why don't you take Maurice, and then when I get home I can sand the plaster. Then you can get it primed this weekend." In one exchange, he's off the hook for the dog, and I'm set up for a weekend of labor. Boo. On the other hand, we're going to save some money, since he'll be home most of next week, so we won't need the dogwalker those days either.

O's sleeping, the Pod is playing on the LR speakers, and Maurice is trying to get the peanut butter out of his bone, so I get some free time. Since I left my trusty iBook at home, it looks like I'm stuck on the Dell here at work. Eeeeew. I did have time, though, to peruse the pages of the Restoration Hardware spring collection.

I would be their whore for furniture.

They have a sofa, a bed, lamps, rugs, all exactly what I want for our house. Sadly, they want many thousands of dollars in exchange. Let the streetwalking begin!

Having woken up thinking it was Saturday again this morning, I find I'm a little dull. I think I'll just go back to my book until O wakes up or the dog has to go out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home