Move Over Mary Poppins!

The real life adventures of one nanny, her husband, child, dogs, house, and whatever else crosses her path.

My Photo
Name:
Location: MA, United States

Find me at http://camerondgarriepy.com, and http://twitter.com/camerongarriepy

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Wednesday Morning

I was only up once with Felix in the night, and he cooperated when I suggested that he just go back to sleep. Love that.

I woke up on my own, no alarm clock, and not running late, and I got to talk with my husband and kiss him goodbye. With Felix still sleeping, I put a load of laundry in the dryer, finished a row of knitting left abandoned last night, loaded the dishwasher, and set about making breakfast.

It's warm enough over 40 degrees now, so my dogs can play outside for a while, so while they were out, I whipped up a tasty smoothie, and ground some coffee for the French press. While I drank my smoothie I caught up on my morning reading.

It's funny, I suppose, that my morning reading comes from my two email accounts, and my Google reader. Once upon a time it might have been a newspaper, or watching the news, or even listening to the radio. I can distinctly remember having toast at my Grandma's kitchen table while she drank coffee, tidied her kitchen, and listened to what must have been NPR (where else could she have been listening to newsy radio in Vermont?), before switching to a classic country station. Perhaps that's where my until recently latent appreciation for Patsy Cline, Willie Nelson, and Johnny Cash came from?

But I digress.

I read my feeds, check my email, and then, cup of fresh brew at my right, set up a new post for my own blog, which will hopefully entertain someone else during their morning coffee.

I bet my Grandma would've liked that.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cam,
It's funny you should write this entry. I recently had very similiar musings and now as I type, I am drinking my am coffee and catching up on my daily reading.

KLH

3/28/08, 8:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home