Move Over Mary Poppins!

The real life adventures of one nanny, her husband, child, dogs, house, and whatever else crosses her path.

My Photo
Name:
Location: MA, United States

Find me at http://camerondgarriepy.com, and http://twitter.com/camerongarriepy

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Someone's In the Kitchen with Mary

Someone's in the kitchen, I know-oh-oh-oh-oh
Someone's in the kitchen with Mary Poppins,
Strummin' on the ol' banjo!

I could go into the whole "singing fee-fi-fiddly-i-oh!" bit, but I'll spare you. Good moods after a prolonged period of misery are like drugs. I feel really.... up! I mean, I still have a cough that would put consumptive Gilbert Blythe to shame, and my tissue usage is still above average, but I feel better than I have in a week and a half.

So, I'm in my kitchen, cooking up our Pasta Wednesday (oh, the triteness of me! where's Anthony?) with Maurice, singing about Dinah and the ol' banjo. You know I'm happy when the campfire songs come out from the rock in my memory under which they live. O slept five hours today, and when he awoke, it was like a tiny sun had risen over us all. Now if the older two would only magically have to go back to school several days early.... I wonder could I work something out with the administration of B-&M-?

J finished reading Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone on the plane home from their ski trip, and he and I were s'posed to rent the movie today while his little sister was out on a playdate, but the tiny neighborhood video store in Beacon Hill only had one copy on DVD, and it was rented, so we saw Chicken Little instead. Actually, pretty cute.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home