Move Over Mary Poppins!

The real life adventures of one nanny, her husband, child, dogs, house, and whatever else crosses her path.

My Photo
Name:
Location: MA, United States

Find me at http://camerondgarriepy.com, and http://twitter.com/camerongarriepy

Monday, April 03, 2006

We're Very Very Busy and We Have A Lot to Do and We Haven't Got A Minute to Explain It All to You

Rarely do I run around like I did this past weekend.

Saturday began with a WW meeting (so-so results), a trip to BJ's (spent my Guilt Money), then home to my kitchen to create tasting cakes for my friends Al & Kara:

Golden Butter Cake with Chocolate Creme Patissiere and Buttercream with Ganache
Persian Genoise with Vanilla Whipped Cream, Strawberries, and Buttercream
Lemon Genoise with Lemon Curd Cream, Strawberries, and Buttercream
Vanilla Bean Genoise with Vanilla Whipped Cream, Strawberries, and Buttercream

In the end, we scrapped the existing combinations and invented a new one for them. Yum!
I drove up to Concord, NH, for dinner, cake tasting, and catching up with them and our mutual friend, RGS Guy, and the Elusive Colleen's Double, his girlfriend. I ended up staying over and going for bagels with Al & Kara before heading back to Framingham. Then, I made red sauce, crawfish stock, and cranberry-peach sorbet, before we headed up to Maynard to visit the Morgans with Maurice. We ended up staying for Chinese take-out. At 9, I met my old friend, Om, for ice cream in Westborough before collapsing in an exhausted pile at 11 PM. And all this with one less hour of weekend to work with!

Back at work this morning, the kids have gone back to school, and O and I celebrated by sleeping away the afternoon. ::yawn::
Home tonight to roast a chicken and grill a pork loin. Tasty.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WHAT THE FUCK! "We're Very Very Busy and We Have A Lot to Do and We Haven't Got A Minute to Explain It All to You" But you have 10 minutes to fucking write this post? You self indulgent FUCK! And why were you so busy? 'Cause you went to Concord to eat cake? You went to BJs to buy food? WHAT THE FUCK! And then at 9 you went out for ice cream. Yah! Very very busy indeed. FUCK OFF!

4/14/06, 12:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

RIGHT ON BRIZ!! After we've finished with all the nannies and pastry chefs, lets go after pupeteers and the fucking easter bunny. Self indulgent pieces of shit.

4/14/06, 9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home