Move Over Mary Poppins!

The real life adventures of one nanny, her husband, child, dogs, house, and whatever else crosses her path.

My Photo
Name:
Location: MA, United States

Find me at http://camerondgarriepy.com, and http://twitter.com/camerongarriepy

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Job!

Just when I was really gearing up for a summer of FUNemployment opportunities, a crazy thing happened.

I got a job!

I know, right? I'm going to have to change the text in my "About Me" widget.

I'm going to start in two weeks nannying for a new family. We'll call them the Concords. They have two kids. Felix will be able to come to work with me. One of the perks is that we get to ease our way into the working world again. Until the end of the summer, we're only working mornings. Home for nap and my afternoon workout.

I'm really looking forward to contributing financially to our household, but if I'm being completely honest, I've had a great time staying at home. I'm going to miss the easy pace of days at home with just Felix.

That said, the Concords seem like a nice family, and they're offering me a lot of the things that we as a family need out of my job situation. It's hard to feel anything but grateful that this opportunity came my way.

Remind me of that when I'm up to my chin in spit up and newborn diapers and sleep schedules and preschoolers. Please. Thank you.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger craftosaurus said...

Yay! Congratulations on finding employment. I hear ya on the other stuff too, though, so condolences on the upending of your schedule.

5/27/10, 9:57 PM  
Blogger CaneWife said...

Congratulations! That's incredible!

5/27/10, 10:02 PM  
Anonymous Pink Blog Girl said...

Congrats! Good luck with your new job!

5/27/10, 10:39 PM  
Anonymous Megan (Best of Fates) said...

Yay! As someone whose job is ending today, I competely sympathize with desire to earn a paycheck along with excitement at having nothing to do!

5/28/10, 9:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay!!! I thought I heard you say "job" yesterday!! Congratulations! I love that Felix can come to work again with you, and easing both of you into your new "family" is wonderful! I'm happy for you! :) And looking forward to new nanny stories. YAY!!!

5/28/10, 6:34 PM  
Blogger Cameron said...

Thanks, everyone!

5/30/10, 5:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home