Move Over Mary Poppins!

The real life adventures of one nanny, her husband, child, dogs, house, and whatever else crosses her path.

My Photo
Name:
Location: MA, United States

Find me at http://camerondgarriepy.com, and http://twitter.com/camerongarriepy

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Mustard-Pistachio Crusted Mahi-Mahi

Dinner on Sunday was so good, I just had to share.

To begin with, I borrowed this grilled brussells sprouts recipe from Lex at It's another blag on the intertruck. Yum, and fat free. Ironically, I'm trying to add a little olive oil into my days, since healthy fats are, you know, actually good for you. So, I added 2 teaspoons of olive oil in with the spices, after the microwave "blanching."

The protein on the menu tonight was mahi-mahi filets, which I usually just slap on a hot grill pan with some salt, pepper, and a finish drizzle of olive oil and lemon juice, but I was bored. I turned to you, internets, and, as per usual, you gave me what I needed. I took a perfectly good recipe, tore it apart, and put it back together the way I wanted it. I give you:

Grilled Mahi-Mahi with Mustard-Pistachio Crust

Preheat the grill to medium low. You don't want to scorch this.
I use an oiled veggie/fish pan on the grill for this, but you should proceed as you normally would.
First, prep the sprouts up through skewering them.
Now, gather:

@ 1 pound Mahi-Mahi filets
salt & black pepper to taste
1/4 c. yellow mustard
1/4 c. bread crumbs (panko are the bestest, but whatever you like/have in the pantry)
3 t. Salted, dry roasted pistachio meats, chopped
assortment of fresh or dry herbs, to taste.*
  • Season the fish with the salt and pepper.
  • Spread the mustard out on a plate.
  • Chuck the crumbs, nuts, and herbs in a mini chopper, or a molcajete, or a mezzaluna, or whatever you like to use to make tiny bits, then spread them on a second plate.
  • Smear the fish in the mustard, then roll in the crumb mixture to create a crust. Set the fish down on the grill pan, add the skewers of sprouts.
  • Grill on medium low for 5 minutes per side. The fish should be opaque throughout, but not dry.
  • We enjoyed ours with some jasmine rice. Delish!


*I used fresh sage, parsley, and chives from my kitchen garden--yum!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmmmmm that looks good! Thanks for your recipe! I think I'll give it a try soon. :) samm

5/19/10, 1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home