Move Over Mary Poppins!

The real life adventures of one nanny, her husband, child, dogs, house, and whatever else crosses her path.

My Photo
Name:
Location: MA, United States

Find me at http://camerondgarriepy.com, and http://twitter.com/camerongarriepy

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Mama, Do You Need This One?

I don't know about other mothers of toddlers/preschoolers out there, but when I'm with Felix, I don't have a lot of privacy. He likes to "help" when I go to the bathroom, which means handing me toilet paper and flushing the toilet for me. He keeps me company while I dress. He follows me pretty much everywhere.

This has also been the case with the three toddlers who preceded him. I tell people I haven't peed alone in a decade.

Yesterday, I'm in the master bedroom, getting dressed--I was most of the way there; underwear, bra, capris, and pulling my head through my purple tee-shirt. As my vision cleared of purple stretch cotton, there's Felix, holding out my favorite lace bra like a ceremonial offering.

"Mama, do you need this one?" he asks, all helpfulness and sunshine.

"Nope, honey," I respond, stifling a giggle. I gesture to the bra I'm wearing. "Mama's already got one on."

I set about getting my arms into the sleeves of my shirt. Felix brings my lace bra over, and, vary carefully, stretches up and applies it across my stomach, upside down.

"Here, Mama."

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger fibby said...

Seriously, these posts just keep getting better and better.

5/23/10, 12:07 AM  
Blogger Cameron said...

@fibby
He's just a funny little being.

There's actually a "Homonymous Redux" post I could do, but it might be overkill.

5/23/10, 1:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohhhhhh I miss those days so much! There's nothing like a helpful toddler. :) I wish I could borrow Felix to have a toddler 'fix'! samm

5/23/10, 5:33 PM  
Anonymous Marian said...

awesome. my kids are both opinionated about my bra color from day to day. :)

5/23/10, 11:34 PM  
Anonymous kris said...

That is just so cute and adorable. I miss those days a little bit. Awww.

5/24/10, 4:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home